When it comes to shooting video productions for your business, it’s crucial to have a video brand guideline to present to your video production agency. This guideline is essential for clear communication when executing a project, allowing your brand to continue to stay on track with your branding, message, and goals.
Even if videos are a critical part of any marketing strategy, there are still many business owners and marketers who fail to share their business’s guidelines. This greatly affects your brand’s consistency and may damage the way consumers view your brand, product, and services.
After working hard to establish your brand, it only makes sense that you do your best to ensure that your style and content remain consistent. If you’re still unsure about why you need video brand guidelines, keep reading. Here’s everything you need to know about video brand guidelines and why your business needs them.
What are Video Brand Guidelines?
Essentially, a video brand guideline is your business’s instruction manual on how a video production agency should represent your brand when creating video projects.
In this guideline, you’ll find your brand’s branding, colour schemes, tone, voice, and all the characteristics that make your business what it is. This tool will serve as a reference for people when they develop collateral for your business.
When creating a video brand guideline, remember that it will serve as your production team’s outline of how your video should look, sound, and feel. All of these elements should come together and fit your overall branding.
Why Does My Brand Need Video Brand Guidelines?
- Ensures Consistency in All Content: When creating content, it’s important that all elements remain consistent and seamless. This is because you want to ensure that you’re sending out the right message on different platforms and mediums; otherwise, it may damage your brand’s reputation.
- Develops a Strong Brand Experience: It’s obvious that consistency plays a huge role in customer experience. And with that being, seeing as video is an immersive medium, you need to have guidelines to guarantee a strong user experience.
- Avoids Misrepresentation: Guidelines are tools for clear and proper communication. Without strict video brand guidelines, you increase the chances of misrepresentation of your brand, which could ultimately affect your brand’s credibility and reputation.
- Helps Lower Production Costs: When you establish creative boundaries before producing content, you ensure less upfront work is done. This means that you get to save more time and money because limitations are clearly presented in your guidelines, allowing you to rest easy knowing the production company will stay on brand.
What Should My Video Brand Guidelines Have?
Video is one of the most complex marketing mediums, and with that being said, you must stay on brand when it comes to creating this type of content. To ensure that your brand is reflected properly, your video guidelines should include the following:
- Your brand’s tone and language;
- Your brand’s branding and colour scheme;
- Your brand’s graphics and typography;
- Your brand’s music and sounds;
- Your brand’s video templates and shooting style;
The Bottom Line: Creating Video Content is Not Easy, But Your Video Brand Guidelines Could Help Your Team
Video content creation is no piece of cake, but it’s an essential medium that will help you reach your marketing and business goals. With that being said, it’s best to provide a video brand guideline to the video production agency you’re working with to ensure consistency, protect your brand, and ensure that your company’s message shines through.
How Can We Help You?
If you’re looking for a reputable video production agency in Manchester, check out Might Hero Video Agency.
Mighty Hero Video Agency is a video production agency in Manchester that produces compelling video content that pushes digital boundaries. Let’s start telling your story today!